Under the direct supervision of a Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant will assist with routine and repetitive resident care activities on a nursing unit. Assists in maintaining safe environment for residents, employees and visitors. Primary population is geriatric.
- Certification with the Connecticut State Nurse Aide Registry.
- General work experience in long-term care is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to read, understand and communicate verbally and in writing using the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.
- Obtains clinical data according to established policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean safe environment for residents, employees, and visitor to include returning equipment to designated areas, labeling and removing broken/unsafe equipment from active use.
- Assists the nurse with resident care plan implementation by contributing information and carrying out routine nursing care measures as delegated.
- Assists residents/patients with ADL as directed by nurse and care plan.
- Carries out technical procedures according to established policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance and emotional support to residents and families including taking and listening to/with residents and families as well as knowing and demonstrating residents rights.
- Accepts supervision and seeks assistance as needed by recognizing personal strength and limitations, seeking assistance as appropriate, communicating to nurses regarding residents condition changes.
- Completes assignment as directed by nurse.
- Completes daily documentation accurately.
- Maintains skin integrity by following the plan of care regarding of turning and correct positioning of the resident.
- Applies orthopedic devices as properly and as directed in plan of care.
- Follows safety protocols to transferring and position residents.
- Assists in admission, transfer and discharge of residents.
- Performs Glucometer Checks.
Associated topics: advanced, cardiology, care nurse, cnm, community, locum, neighborcare, nurse practitioner, prac, splst